16 February 2018
30 November 2017
03 October 2017
25 August 2017
21 July 2017
31 May 2017
20 March 2017
21 October 2016
20 November 2015
28 September 2015
INSUL Version 9.0 released
31 May 2017
Marshall Day Acoustics are delighted to announce the release of version 9.0 of INSUL.
This new version presents a major over haul of the user interface to provide a new foundation for the next 10 years development of this world leading software. The most obvious feature to the thousands of INSUL users will be the 3 D illustration of the partition to be calculated. This can be rotated, zoomed and an X ray view displayed. This makes the communication with an end user of the calculations easier and provides a degree of confidence that the prediction is based on the users actual partition design. A trial version can be downloaded from the download page on this website and a trial key obtained from your local distributor.
A short list of new features compared to version 8
- New user interface design with 3 D illustration of the construction that can be zoomed and rotated.
- Better utilisation of small or big screens. (Elements of interface can be re-arranged for personal preference)
- Prediction of floating floors using polystyrene or mineral wool with concrete screed on top.
- Double absorptive blankets can be selected (means illustrations can be more realistic)
- Prediction of external cladding systems using PIR or Polystyrene insulation
- Better auralisation with a user expandable library of sounds. Ability to record auralisations for later replay without INSUL
- New types of connections and improved illustrations
- Thermal insulation of glazing (according to EN 673)
- Database of steel or timber studs (standard sizes selected from menu).
- Pitched roofs can now be predicted
- Multi-platform (Windows, Apple Mac Os) (this may be a couple of months away)
- Better search through materials files.
- Filtering lists by category or manufacturer.
- New types of frames/connections such as Batten and Cradle isolation pads
- Add copy and paste functions to composite TL calculator, and to outdoor-indoor calculator (so you can transfer results).